What a week of hot summer days! I know it is summer but when you get temperatures soaring to the high 40’s ( Celsius), things can be a bit uncomfortable. A few days ago, Adelaide city in South Australia was declared the hottest city in the world at that moment, with temperatures reaching to 46C ( 114F ) degrees. I have experienced 45C degrees in Sydney same time last year and I am telling you, it was not pleasant.
I shouldn’t be complaining much I guess because in Sydney, 30C degrees was the average temperature the past days. Today was one of those scorching 33C degrees days and best bet I would say to do is stay indoors as much as possible. Get comfortable with being a bit lazy ( my theory is less movement, less heat ) and just chill out with loads of refreshment like iced tea. Get creative and experiment with different concoctions. One of my favourites is this raspberry, apple and mint iced tea. Thirst quencher and very refreshing indeed for hot days like today.
- 3 berry-infused tea bags (I used cranberry and raspberry flavours)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 litre chilled apple juice
- lemon slices
- extra mint sprigs
- 250 grams fresh raspberries
- Place tea bags in a heatproof jug, add the sugar and 1/4 mint leaves.
- Pour 1 litre boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes for flavours to infuse.
- Strain and chill.
- Combine with the chilled apple juice in a jug. Add raspberries,lemon slices and mint leaves.
Go ahead, make one, pour yourself an iced tea drink and enjoy!