I will make this one simple and sweet, just like these special treats. Grab some Nutella spread, hazelnut meal, chocolate chips, ready-rolled puff pastry and voilà! Chocolate lovers will go nuts over these chocolate turnovers. Crispy and flaky pastry with fillings of chocolate and hazelnut. What’s not to love, if you like chocolate? And oh, did I mention the fact that they are so simple and easy to make? Ready in less than half an hour, kids and adult will surely enjoy these for afternoon tea. Serve them with fresh strawberries and cream and you got your dessert for the night covered.
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate melts
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 2 sheets of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 220C degrees. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine Nutella, chocolate chips and hazelnut meal in a medium bowl.
- Cut each pastry sheet into quarters.
- Divide chocolate mixture among 8 pastry squares.
- Brush edges of pastry with egg. Fold each in half, diagonally to form triangles. Press edges together with a fork to seal.
- Place triangles on baking sheet. Brush lightly with egg.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until browned lightly.