Hello again fellow food lovers! Remember the homemade blueberry sauce recipe I shared a few days ago? The one I used to drizzle on top of my caramel meringue? Well, here is another great use for it – drizzled on top of these gorgeous baked peaches. I love peaches. Both the ripe soft yellow varieties or the firm white-fleshed ones. Seriously, I will survive for days just eating peaches when they are in season. I snack on them mostly but every now and then turn them into delicious desserts. Grilled or baked, peaches are really good especially when paired with whipped cream or mascarpone cheese. They are great toppings as well for pavlovas and cheesecakes. I went a little fancier this time and bought some brandy baskets to serve my baked peaches on. By the way, you can get the recipe for the homemade blueberry sauce by clicking on this link.
- 2 ripe fresh peaches
- 4 pieces dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 4 brandy baskets, to serve ( store bought)
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Cut the peaches in half. Remove and discard the stones.
- Place peaches in oven bake ware.
- Fill peach cavities with apricots. Sprinkle with almond flakes.
- Pour orange juice on peaches. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Lightly whip mascarpone and sugar until combined.
- To serve, fill brandy baskets with mascarpone. Place one half peach on basket. Drizzle with blueberry sauce.