Summertime down under and there is no denying it with temperatures set to soar to high 30s the next few days. Yesterday was a scorching 38C degrees in the city, with inland temperature registering up to 41C degrees. Beaches were packed of course and so were the malls where some take advantage of the season sale and air conditioning. I was just happy to stay home after work and chill, literally and figuratively. Feet up and relaxing with a homemade tumbler of peach iced tea. Our friends gave us a box of fruity flavours of T2 loose leaf. Perfect for brewing some ice cold teas. My favourite fruit is in season as well – peaches! I used loose tea leaves to brew but tea bags are just as good to use. I did not add any more sugar as I find the cordial sweet already. The tea brew strength depends on how you like it. I used a teaspoon to 250 ml water. This is one refreshing beverage made with T2 Packs a Peach tea, fresh mint leaves, peach flavoured cordial and some fresh peach slices to serve. And oh, lots of ice cubes!
Makes a litre
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges or cubes
- 3 teaspoons loose tea leaves ( I used T2 Packs a Peach)
- 250 ml peach flavoured cordial
- fresh mint leaves
- Place loose tea leaves in tea filter bags. If you don’t have filter bags, you can add them straight into the pot of boiled water and just strain the brewed tea.
- In a medium pot, boil 750ml water. Once boiled, remove from heat, add tea leaves (or tea bags) and a couple mint sprigs. Let it brew for 3-5 minutes. Let it cool in the fridge.
- Strain tea into a pitcher, preferably glass.
- Add a few more fresh mint leaves and the peaches into the pitcher. Top with lots of ice cubes!
- Serve and chill!